Berne Union Leadership
The Berne Union is led by the President, Vice President and Management Committee (MC).
The day to day business of the Berne Union is managed by a professional Secretariat, based in London, under the leadership of the Secretary General.
THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE CONSISTS OF
- Vice President
- 4 Committee Chairs
- 13 Member Organisations
The 13 Member Organisations are held as institutional positions. These are held by the two largest member organisations from each of the Short Term, Medium/Long Term and Investment Committees.
The remaining seven members are put forward from among all 4 Committees on a voluntary, rotating, basis, also serving for two year terms.
The collective experience of our executives guides the organisation to be relevant, forward thinking, fair and professional.
BIOGRAPHIES OF BU OFFICIALS AND SECRETARIAT
2020/2022 MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- President: Michal Ron (SACE)
- Vice President: Christina Westholm-Schröder (SOVEREIGN)
- Short Term Committee Chair: Julian Hudson (CHUBB)
- ECA Committee Chair: Robert Suter (SERV)
- MLT Committee Chair: Dominique Meessen (CREDENDO)
- Prague Club Committee Chair: Imaad Al Harthy, (CREDIT OMAN)
- Institutional Members: AXA XL; CREDENDO; ECGC; EH GERMANY; EXIAR; EXIMBANKA SR; ICIEC; KSURE; MIGA; PwC; SINOSURE; Turk Exim; USEXIM
The Secretariat work with the President, Vice President, Management Committee and 4 Committee Chairs to implement the Berne Union Strategy and realise its vision to be to be the leading network of international credit and investment insurers for the purpose of information exchange, sharing of expertise, and networking among its members.
The Management Committee meet at least four times per year to discuss the strategic direction of the association and provide guidance on operational issues.